Monday, February 10, 2014

Spherical Panoramas

 Here are my two finished spherical panoramas that I made during G.T. class. The images for the spherical panorama on the left was taken at maui during my trip. Then the images for the spherical panorama on the right was taken on Kaua'i at the beautiful beach Aliomanu. To make these spherical panoramas, I had to first take overlapping images that started and ended around the same place. Then after importing them onto the computer we edited them on adobe bridge. Then we compiled them into a panorama image using PhotoShop's PhotoMerge plugin.

Next, I resized my rectangular 360 degree panorama to be squared and filtered using polar coordinates. Lastly we used the elliptical marquee tool to select the final spherical panorama's and feathered it by refining the edges. Then finally I applied a black or white background before saving the final composite image.





6 comments: