Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Double Exposed Portraits


Our new project consists of having a profile view picture of ourself and a couple landscape images that symbolize us. During the process of starting this project, we first learned what portrait photography is. It is photography of a person or group of people that displays the expression, personality, and mood of the subject. The focus of the photograph is usually the person's face, although the entire body and the background or context may be included. It can relate to profile view and silhouetting because the focus of a profile is also the persons face. So although it does not focus on the mood of the face, it is still used to show the outline of the face and some emotion.

Double exposures are created in Photoshop with a few simple steps. The first step is to get your images. You need one profile view and 2 or more pictures to put inside of you. Then you load it into Photoshop and make the area around your face completely white. When you are done with that, you can put one of your images on top of the profile view of you and change it to screen mode. Screen mode usually works really well, but if not you can try some of the other ones to see how well it is. Then you can add your other pictures and also make it screen so that it looks like the opacity is low. Then when you are done fitting all your pictures nicely, you can crop your image to exactly how you want, and save it. It's really interesting to make because of how original you can make it. You can put whatever it is you want in your head.

For my example, I used a picture of a small waterfall at Lumahai beach. I used that picture because of I love waterfalls and the beach, so that picture fit me perfectly. I also used a picture of a bunch of plumeria flowers. I used that picture not only because of the fact that I love flowers, but because of the color in it. The bright yellow in the flower kind of symbolizes how happy I am when I am with my family and friends. I loved the outcome of my work but to improve it, I could have added more effects to my images in my face.
Practice:
                                               
Final:







19 comments:

  1. I really like this, the flowers look unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING WORK LILERSSSS!!!!! These are such cool photos and when you blend them the work is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilio it looks amazing! I love your photos and everything... Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, Im so jelly. this is amazing! How did you get such great shots? Super Super well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your head. Your whole image is amazing! Almost like a Landscape photo in a person, I just say it's so amazing that I can't give anymore comments just because the power is affecting my words (Just think of this as amazing to make this simple).

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW the flowers thats a really good picture! love everything. your better than me thats for shure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the waterfall going down, and the picture really comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your imagery. This is amazing!!!!!
    Your message is awesome. I love how it works so nicely.
    Maybe just add some layer effects. Really really awesome job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WWOOWW! Thats all i got to say! You colors are beautiful and i really love your photos you took! Great job Lilio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The placement of the images! It's way better than all of the M's (Well not Wailana yat because I haven't seen it). Your message is completely addressed clearly. I think the biggest issue is your negative space on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job! I love all of the colors that are going on inside of your image. I think that you could have arranged your pictures differently. I really liked how you used the dodge tool to make your backround very white.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the placement of your photos.Your symbols are easy to see and very vibrant. Overall, I think you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woah, I am blown away. Amazing blending bewteen the rocks and the flowers. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job! I love how well your images work together. Your message works because I can tell you chose two images that really symbolize you. I really don't have much to say about this, you did a really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love love it so much!!! Best yet!!! Your quality is amazing!! I cant really see your layer effects but it doesn't matter because this is really good. I really like how the water is almost like dripping down on the flowers and how the water is almost part of your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great amount of writing
    everything is G
    great double exposer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, the quality is amazing, the colors are amazing and your pictures are amazing. Very well don, I love how the photos just flow together. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Lilio, amazing work! I love how positioned both of your pictures!
    I dont think you have to improve anything... its just that great!
    Wonderful job! I also love how had the waterfall go into the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite part of your photo would have to be how you placed your images in the perfect spots and the quality of your photos are perfect.
    I am a little confused on how this represents you as a person though. Maybe I'm missing something big...
    I suppose you could've added more layer effects, but your image is already perfect, so it's really hard to critique this correctly. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete