Thursday, September 4, 2014

Hiki Nō Behind the Scenes

For this project my team and I decided to do a news story. Our news story is based on hurricanes because of the great danger it can cause. We also chose this story because 2014's hurricane season in Hawai'i has been very active. Thankfully, so far this year we have not yet been hit with anything major. But we still keep our eyes open for any slight chances because we have heard or gone through experiences of past hurricanes and the tragedy it did to Kaua'i and the rest of Hawai'i.  So my team and I really want to send the message out to people that hurricanes are not something that should be taken lightly, you should be prepared; hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

So far we have gotten several interviews from family members and friends. We asked them questions like "What advice would you give to people that have not yet been through a hurricane?" and "If you have been through a hurricane, how did it affect you?". We asked various people these same questions so that we can get different ideas and perspectives and help people get a better visual on how and why you should be prepared for a hurricane.

When the camera is not rolling, my team and I are usually editing our interviews and B-rolls to make sure everything makes sense and looks good. We may look like we are just goofing around but we definitely are also doing work. I love my team because each one of us have our own great personalities and we get along well and help each other figure out problems (a lot of problems). Fixing those problems sometimes aren't easy but I think having five of us to put our brains together really help. I think to do my fair share and help the team I can talk a little less and brain storm more idea's for our B-roll. It is kind of difficult to find good b-roll because hurricanes aren't happening every day in Hawai'i (fortunately) but if i think hard enough, I'll come up with something. Stay tuned to Hiki Nō on your T.V. to hopefully see our finished product. Team Credits : Leleaka Anakalea, Russel Fu, Seth Kostelecky, and Noa Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment