Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lessons Learned

So far this project has been quite interesting. I think the most interesting part was getting to hear people talk about their experiences through different hurricanes. I enjoyed hearing their stories and it made me realize that we need always be prepared. One of the interviewees stated that for hurricane Iniki, they did not get very much time to prepare because the hurricane was supposed to go pass the islands, but at the last moment it took a 90 degree turn and headed straight for Kauai. I love hearing all these different stories because I now feel I will be more prepared and ready for a hurricane if one happened to come.

Our biggest challenge to over come was editing all the interviews and getting B-roll. It was hard editing the interviews because we had six, and they were all pretty long. It was a struggle editing out all the mistakes and even the little ones because there was a lot and we wanted it to be perfect. The B-roll was alos a really hard thing to overcome because we had to catch videos of going down streets and roads which was very hard to film because of the camera movement. I did but the camera on a tripod but with the car moving and bumpy rods, the camera still shook a little.

I think the most valuale part of the film making process was interacting with my group. It was very nice being able to work with each one of them individually and listen to their different ideas. I loved how the group I was in was/is very full of spirit and always smiling. Although we ran into some problems, we were able to keep smiles  throughout it all.


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you right your blog and also your creativity in the way you right you should be a righter some day if you want to.

    ReplyDelete